Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. The products and services are focused on employer branding, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We are a profitable and fast-growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent People skills and technical knowledge on employee well-being and engagement programs.
About the Role & Team
Can you unlock performance? Inspire trust? Are you a leader who can empower others to be resilient and resourceful? Do you embrace change and use it as a tool for constant improvement? Do you understand the importance of Diversity and Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging in the workplace? We want to talk to you!
Stack Overflow is looking for a Director, Organizational Learning and Development to lead our learning programs. This will include, working closely on the ongoing development needs of employees, managers, and leaders, and ensuring that all our Learning programs are closely aligned with company goals. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced leader who can power our business growth through the development of our people. This leader will work cross functionally with our People Partners and the business and report to the Chief People Officer.
What you will be doing
- Develop a long range L&D plan through alignment of corporate strategy, structure, and processes.
- Partner with People Partners to proactively identify areas where leadership education is required at Stack Overflow, and design and deliver management and leadership programs and resources to meet those needs.
- Develop a change management and agility mindset for the leadership level to ensure early adoption and ownership of change.
- Apply a data-driven approach to continuously improve learning and development offerings.
- Support our culture with innovative and proven strategies around onboarding and ongoing education.
- Support and enhance Stack Overflow’s approach to talent and performance management.
- Be the steward of Engagement & Culture tools, resources and plan. Monitor and measure our Employee Engagement & Culture Journey progress.
- Support our diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging initiatives by promoting programs on DEIB throughout the organization and in our community.
What you should have
- You’re an engaging leader, you have excellent relationship-building and influencing skills, and can quickly establish credibility with senior executives and line leaders throughout the organization.
- You’ve had Organizational Development leadership experience at a fast-growing, global company of 1000+ employees where you’ve developed strong leaders and built a high-performance culture.
- You have 12+ years developing and leading training efforts with direct experience in program facilitation, instructional design and consulting.
- You have deep experience with LMS solutions, including business needs analysis, requests for proposals, assessment of various platforms, full-cycle implementation, user training and post-implementation evaluation against success metrics.
- You have demonstrated your ability to partner with People Partner teams to design and implement efficient and effective learning and development programs.
- You are adaptable, resilient, and flexible, and have built a culture of constant improvement and transparency as a leader.
- You drive success and achieve results by setting goals, using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals, and tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals.
- You have extensive experience influencing and gaining commitment from senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
- You are able to analyze and interpret data and leverage those insights when making critical decisions.
- You can lead others and help them learn to make sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- You can effectively change leadership behavior through influence and navigate toward results in a complex organizational structure.
- You are flexible and willing to work within an environment of constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and adaptability.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- 20 days paid vacation
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling and interaction with your team. We also believe in a strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 USD to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.