Why Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company – we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team that is experiencing high growth with ability to explore different career paths.
As a Product Director at Housecall Pro, you are empowered to define the strategy and own the execution of an essential part of our product. One of our core tenets at Housecall Pro is to “grow with our Pros”. You are an experienced Product Leader and work each day to help us build products that make our home services professionals more successful. You are curious, adaptable, decisive, and want to make an impact. You have high emotional and cognitive intelligence with an internal engine that drives you.
You lead an excellent team of Product Managers to effectively deliver the customer and business value. You coach and develop the careers of your PMs as they hone their product craft. You collaborate cross-functionally to develop strong, trusting connections with stakeholders, uphold and exemplify our company values, and shape the culture within your product area. Our team is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Translate product strategy into concrete objectives that you own and are accountable for
- Develop product strategy and objectives that move us closer to achieving our product vision
- Execute the product operational cadence to deliver customer and business value
- Organize work according to the strategic framework of the organization, evaluate risks, and use data to inform decisions
- Assist teams in creating innovative, robust solutions that drive toward maintaining and enhancing our competitive advantage
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop strategy, explore compelling solutions, drive execution of building features and functionality, launch/measure/learn/iterate/improve products
- Create measurement plans to monitor feature adoption and usage
- Co-create go to market plans with the Marketing team
- Hire and grow diverse, exceptional talent that consistently raises the bar on performance
- Conduct work with openness and transparency, understanding that collaborative solutions lead to better overall business impact
- Inspire, motivate, and advocate for team members by serving as a spokesperson and key leader within the Product group
- Uphold our values and principles
- 7+ years of total product management experience with 2+ in a leadership role
- Fluency with using Data – tactical (e.g. A/B testing) and strategic (e.g. estimations, sizing) to inform decisions
- Experience working in product, design, and engineering teams that focus on producing customer value and driving business results
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts; experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Highly desired: Home services industry knowledge
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- A fine eye for design and craft in product
- Ability to draw talent, hire, mentor, and motivate product managers
- See into competitive products and draw meaningful insight
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the field service management software space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
This role is open to candidates inside and outside of Colorado and the expected salary range for this role is $168,300 – $187,000 + equity. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. #LI-RG1