Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re seeking a Director to lead the Industrial and development accounting teams. A successful candidate will have exceptional process improvement capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic.
- Manage the Financial Reporting & Consolidation process for the Industrial joint ventures and directly owned commercial/office and development assets, including month-end close, quarterly NAV, semi-annual financial reporting, and annual financial statements
- Monitor team performance, available capacity, and training needs of internal Industrial and Development accounting teams
- Provide technical guidance on lease accounting, development accounting and other real estate accounting issues
- Oversee documentation and memorialization of Industrial/development specific accounting policies and procedures
- Evaluate team workflow to propose and implement process efficiencies, to achieve increased organization over month end close and financial reporting process
- Oversee relationship with external property management groups to ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policy and reporting requirements
- Lead major strategic and process improvement initiatives to support both real estate and finance teams
- Ensure adherence to lender reporting requirements and debt covenant compliance
- Oversee annual audit of Industrial joint venture
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 12 years of total experience related to real estate accounting
- 5 years experience in Industrial/Office and development accounting managementDemonstrated success in managerial oversight of multiple team members
- Demonstrated success in process management
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
- Experience using MRI
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave