Veho’s mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost management. Veho focuses on the end customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a two-sided crowd-sourced platform and a network of hyper-local distribution centers. Veho is disrupting the logistics space through our technology. We put the customer at the center, replacing the old model of fleet vehicles doing package delivery. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery and give customers controls on how, when, and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% – far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay, and Amazon; three former public company CEOs, and early investors in Lyft and Instacart. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About the Role
The Director of Real Estate will be responsible for designing and executing Veho’s strategy for acquiring and managing a fast-growing portfolio of industrial space in support of our delivery operations, in addition to standing up office space in hubs around the country. The position will own our real estate acquisition and management process end to end in partnership with our broker, including oversight of transactions, portfolio management, project management, and facilities.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader who is excited to build out this strategic function of our business over time. Veho is growing at a fast pace – we expect to launch 40+ markets in 2022, all of which will require industrial warehouse sorting hubs. The Director of Real Estate will be a strategic thought partner to our operations teams and help us evaluate what locations are the best balance of our business requirements to achieve our business goals.
- 7+ years of experience in real estate management or related field, with tenant experience in an industrial context preferred
- The ability to create and evolve a real estate strategy for a high-growth startup, one that is outgrowing current spaces in months, not years
- The ability to communicate effectively internally and externally at every level of an organization, and successfully drive negotiations in concert with our brokers
- Strong desire to build and execute in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience building and driving process across multiple stakeholders
- Proven success managing complex projects
- Results-oriented, proactive, self-starter
- Passionate about delivering exceptional experiences for our customers, clients, and employees
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Availability for frequent travel within the U.S.
- Experience with a high growth, operational heavy company