Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and pro-activity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
Documentation and Internal Communications Partner
This role is extremely unique. We are looking for a Documentation and Internal Communications expert to ensure our internal documentation scales with us. Considering we are a remote-first work environment, we are looking for someone extremely proactive, highly sociable and very engaging, to partner with all business areas to keep improving our documentation and accessibility of it. This is not a back-office documentation role whatsoever.
- The key goal of this role is to ensure that our workspace (Notion) and all internal documentation are very well organized and impactful.
- Be directly responsible for the search-ability and easiness of finding internal content and documentation.
- Engage and partner with all business areas, including Growth (Marketing), Sales, Operations, Customer Success, Finance, People, Product, Design and Engineering.
- Manage how our content is organized internally and externally and in which software applications; working directly with other operational partners like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Experience, Global Operations, and International Expansion.
- Provide regular updates to Remote about new documentation and department updates in writing using various platforms and in meetings when appropriate.
- Make your backlog, current work and executed work visible to the company and provide a way to submit requests for content.
- Extensive experience in managing internal and external content, communications and documentation (like a wiki, online handbook, internal handbook etc) with a high need to collaborate and engage with other teams.
- Exceptional understanding of how documentation impacts an asynchronous working environment and ideally previous experience setting async and remote teams up for success.
- Skilled writer, communicator and collaborator.
- Experience in a tech start-up environment is not required but ideal.
- You are familiar with how technical documentation should be written.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You write and speak fluent English.
- Experience using Notion: you’re able to use linked databases.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Director of People
- Team: People
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- (async) provide a writing sample on a given topic
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!