WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You would be joining a fully remote Donor Support Team nested in the Customer Service Department. We are a diverse group of people with bright minds, different backgrounds, and a variety of skill sets. We believe that diversity creates a stronger team, brings more ideas to the table, and allows us to approach solutions from different angles.
The Donor Support Team is a critical piece of ActBlue’s work to democratize power in this country through small-dollar fundraising and empowering donors. The Donor Support Team plays a key role in answering questions and concerns, resolving billing inquiries, and assisting with a wide array of issues over email and phone for thousands of donors per day. As the Donor Support Manager, you join a team of managers with reports of one workstream (Donor Support Associates).
This is a Tuesday-Saturday 2pm-10pm ET (11am-7pm PT) position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and mentor multiple Donor Support Associates and Senior Associates to perform tasks such as,
- Answering emails with speed and accuracy while meeting team-wide expectations (metrics)
- Answering voicemails
- Donor callbacks
- Ad hoc projects
- Occasionally presenting updates for the team or department meeting
- Provide coaching, feedback, and annual performance reviews, as well as formal corrective action as needed
- Work to maximize operational performance and meet team and organizational goals
- Assist in hiring, training, and onboarding current and new staff
- Support the professional development of your reports
- Provide periodic support in donor queues around major deadlines and key dates (e.g., primaries, elections, etc.) with the goal of both staying up-to-date on current issues and providing support to the team
- Lead weekly 1:1 and sub-team meetings with your report(s), as well as any other meetings for project work, training, etc. with them
- Collaborate with other managers and Customer Service leadership to shape the Donor Support team’s policies, systems, and culture
- Advocate for the needs of donors, your direct reports, and the team as a whole
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Collaborate on ad hoc tasks and projects to meet the needs of the Donor Support team
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1+ years of experience at ActBlue or 1+ years of experience managing staff or leading a team at another organization.
- Experience working with email ticket systems like Help Scout or Zendesk and an understanding of customer service metrics like CSAT, avg. reply time – you can convert numbers into stories.
- Experience implementing new tools and strategies to increase efficiency, automate workflows, and maximize resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build healthy, authentic, and trusting relationships with colleagues and/or direct reports, including providing support and developmental feedback.
- Demonstrated commitment to soliciting, welcoming, and acting on feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain resilience and support others through challenging circumstances. We are a growing and maturing team, department, and organization that will continue to evolve.
- Ability to communicate clearly across multiple mediums. You’ll be in contact with many people every day — candidates for this position should be comfortable with constant communication, including direct donor support.
- Track record of hitting ambitious goals, and ability to prioritize multiple competing priorities.
- You are both a team player and someone who is able to work independently.
- You are productive working from home.
- You are organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $76,000 – $86,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.