Our Commitment to Diversity: Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us!
The Editor will support in writing and reviewing educational materials for students and teachers of English Language Arts, including foundational skills (phonics) and reading comprehension for Grades K-2. The Editor will contribute to the development of products from conceptualization to finished product. The ideal candidate will an understanding of state standards, proficiency in analyzing state standards in relation to content, knowledge of ELA pedagogy, and experience in how to develop and deliver ELA content for print and/or digital products.
This position offers a highly motivated self-starter the opportunity to hone their editorial skills while working alongside a mission-driven team that is focused on developing high-quality educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs and equity for all learners.
This is a 12-month role full-time role (40 hours per week) with benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and employer contributed 401K.
The impact you’ll have:
- Contribute to the development of student lessons and teacher guide materials that incorporate Common Core or state-specific pedagogy and practices
- Write or revise student and teacher-facing materials according to guidelines and company standards of quality
- Create and review TOCs, correlations, bookmaps, etc.
- Create art specs and review images
- Write, review, edit, proofread, and mark manuscript and page proofs
- Track and release project materials
- Review and develop project documentation, including guidelines and checklists
Who we’re looking for:
- Fundamental knowledge in phonics and the science of reading for grades K-2
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Ability to respond quickly in an environment of changing priorities, and set relevant priorities on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to consistently complete assigned tasks on time with the required level of quality
- Ability to act on constructive feedback to refine skills and reduce mistakes
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software programs including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat
- Editorial experience in educational publishing
- Teaching or other classroom experience
Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.