Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for an experienced, technical product management leader to be responsible for the clients and queries area of Elasticsearch. Elasticsearch, the search engine and datastore at the heart of Elastic’s offerings, powers use cases from Enterprise Search, to Observability, to Security, and even analysis of telemetry data from NASA’s rovers on Mars. We are looking for a person who has helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of a technology platform over multiple years, and who has experience leading and growing a team of product managers.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and grow a team of top notch product managers.
- Define the vision and roadmap for key areas of Elasticsearch including search functionality, analytics and geo capabilities, query languages, and language clients.
- Partner with the leads of multiple engineering teams to prioritize the roadmap and estimate realistic delivery timelines.
- Work with downstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to discover, align and prioritize their needs: understanding their timing requirements and helping think through phased approaches.
- Work with our Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis, and enablement.
- Capture market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights.
What you bring along:
- 7+ years in product management, 2+ leading product teams.
- Experience with and solid knowledge of search engines, databases, analytics tools and query languages.
- Experience defining requirements for and contributing to the design of enterprise technology platforms.
- Experience with one or more of the common use cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Solid understanding of B2B business models and sales motions.
- Curiosity and an open mind.
- Humble attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company.
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour.
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack.
- Comfortable working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team.
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $163,100 and $224,300, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.