HubSpot is looking for a Corporate Counsel that is fluent in German to join the Legal Team and to provide a key commercial support role to the EMEA business. We are open to having you work in our Dublin office or remotely in Ireland in this opportunity.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Provide first-line client-centric legal support to our EMEA-based Sales and Services team on commercial and legal issues
- Partner closely with EMEA Sales and Services leadership to understand the business objectives and hurdles, while driving strategic improvements
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements, which may include software agreements, subscription agreements, technology agreements, data processing agreements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, and statements of work
- Assist the EMEA business with data privacy queries and how to better enable our internal teams and customers to understand HubSpot’s approach to data privacy matters
- Support all legal-related aspects of customer engagements
- Work with other various business teams on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed
We are looking for people who:
- Are qualified to practice law in Germany (preferred) or have an equivalent qualification with experience working in Germany
- Have at least 3 years of post-qualification experience working on commercial contract matters (preferably in-house at a technology company)
- Feel comfortable running a fully independent negotiation process
- Have solid expertise in data privacy and strong knowledge of EU data privacy regulation including the GDPR and EU cookie regulation, in particular
- Are able to handle a broad range of commercial contract matters and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, and transparent environment
- Are able to make decisions and provide advice/explain the rationale for the decision to a curious and empowered team
- Develop strong relationships based on trust with team members
- Effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks
- Possess strong communication skills, especially via an internal wiki, Slack and Zoom (it’s how we communicate)
- Have superior organizational skills
- Want to learn quickly
- Fluent in both German and English is essential (mandatory requirement)
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2020, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.