Endpoint Engineering Tech Lead – MacOS
HubSpot’s Endpoint Engineering team is looking for an experienced Apple Mac Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership for the future design and management of our Mac endpoint fleet. As HubSpot and our endpoint fleet grow, we need a candidate who will ensure that our processes and user experience are able to scale through automation and simplified workflows. This role sits in our Business Technology Infrastructure team which is composed of both technical IT experts, Systems Engineers, as well as roles focused on improving our end-user experience and productivity.
HubSpot has more than 7,000 employees across 13 offices. In the two years since the Endpoint team was created, we have been able to solve a lot of the “quick win” problems. The challenges we’re focused on now are complex and either don’t have obvious solutions, or we’ve decided the conventional wisdom isn’t good enough for our employees.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about scaling and automation and has the vision and knowledge to implement the best solutions for HubSpot, our employees, and our customers.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Maintain our current JAMF Pro management platform infrastructure, as well as architect improvements based on HubSpot’s growth and security requirements.
- Partner with Corporate Security to maintain our endpoint security baseline, add additional automation to our patching schedules and ensure quick response to critical vulnerabilities.
- Act as macOS and Jamf Pro subject matter expert and, as a final escalation, field questions from technical support teams.
- Engineer and implement upgrades and improvements to endpoint provisioning workflows.
- Oversee a fast and frictionless setup process for new laptops
- Design a laptop refresh/swap process that employees can perform remotely on their own
- Help design, select and build out software solutions that will power HubSpot’s internal growth
- Be a technical decision maker among a group of cross-functional peers and collaborators.
- Work with IT leaders and executives regularly.
- Balance your creativity with your passion for delivering tangible value.
- Make our employees more productive by creating employee-first technology experiences.
- Grow and nourish a function from early days through a phase of expansion.
We are looking for someone who has:
- JAMF Certified Administrator or Expert certification
- Experience with JAMF Connect
- 5 years of experience supporting MacOS user environments
- Deep knowledge of system extensions, PPPC, configuration profiles, security context, login / boot process, file system, permissions, SIP etc.
- Experience with the analysis, development, and deployment of process and desktop automation across complex IT enterprise environments.
- General knowledge of Azure Active Directory or On-Premises Active Directory
- Experience with administering and deploying on MacOS, Linux, and Windows systems
- High level of proficiency in Bash, Python, Shell, and/or Powershell
- Experience with asset management platforms
Even better if you have:
- Apple Certified System Administrator
- Security endpoint and patch management experience leveraging technologies such as Crowdstrike, Netskope, Thycotic, etc.
- AWS/GCP Experience
Cash compensation range: 150000-180000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.