HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
In this team, you will be directly contributing to our recently unveiled new flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as managed services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design systems for collecting and processing data from extremely large-scale global fleets of cloud infrastructure.
- Interface with engineers from other HashiCorp teams to provide guidance on best practices for using observability tooling and to continuously improve these.
- Own the full lifecycle of platform observability tooling including implementation, testing, release, and maintenance.
- Program mostly in Golang and interface with technologies like Prometheus, Grafana, Cortex, and more.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- Professional backend software development experience in cloud environments. While we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates.
- You are familiar with micro-service architectures and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale.
- You have prior experience working on and with observability tools.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems.
- You have commercial experience operating and troubleshooting distributed systems in the cloud.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.