At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
You will join a team responsible for consolidating experimentation efforts across the organization. We’re looking for a senior engineer with expertise in digital product experimentation and experimentation platform design. You will help to enable rapid, high quality, trusted experimentation throughout the enterprise.
You will be a technical leader and key contributor to the long-term direction of our experimentation platform. You will have an opportunity to re-evaluate our entire experimentation platform and be empowered to create high quality developer experiences by assembling a world-class experimentation toolset. Your work will eliminate silos across the organization and enable teams to efficiently configure, run, and analyze experiments to optimize our business.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) for experimentation across the business
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions as applicable
- Propose architecture and tooling to consolidate to a single solution that can be used throughout the enterprise
- Provide mentorship and feedback to other engineering teams on best approaches for implementation
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Science, and other business stakeholders to understand business needs as it relates to experimentation
- Design and build automated quality controls for experiments (anomaly detection, automated metric monitoring, automated A/A testing, etc.)
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 8+ years of software development experience, strong background in these domains:
- Full-stack development – Python/React preferred
- Instrumentation platforms – Segment, Rudderstack, or GTM
- Experimentation tools – Optimizely, Google Optimize, Statsig, VWO, or Amplitude
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Real-world experience with architecting complex experimentation platforms, preferably with experience using Optimizely and/or Amplitude
- Experience developing APIs as-a-service
- Demonstrated skills in building large scale enterprise architectures
- Prior experience researching, designing, and proposing new large scale architectural changes with a mix of off-the-shelf and custom components
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($150,000-180,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.