Who We Are and What We’re About:
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
Our Tech Stack
- Languages: Ruby on Rails, Stimulus, React.js, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Systems + Tools: Aptible, PostgreSQL, Github Actions, Datadog, Redis, Docker, Sentry
As an early engineer at Brightline, here’s what your day-to-day activities might look like:
- Collaborate on projects end-to-end – from scoping features with product and design to shipping a finished feature into production
- Write code across the entire stack (currently Ruby + Rails on the backend and TypeScript + React on the frontend, open to experience with Python + Django or similar languages and frameworks who are excited to work in Rails)
- Have a mix of heads-down and pairing time, depending on the project and your energy levels
- Curate a great codebase through architecture discussions, automated testing and code review
- Bring a new perspective that helps our team continue to grow and improve
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Improving our initial user onboarding experience
- Building internal tools to make our clinical staff more effective
- Creating new interactive digital exercises for use alongside treatment
- Improving developer tooling to make our whole team more productive
- You’re excited about improving behavioral health for children, teens, and their families
- You love collaborating with team members from other departments (including product, marketing, clinical and more)
- You own projects and see them through, even if that goes beyond code
- You are thoughtful and empathetic in how you carry yourself, from decision making and execution, to communication and collaboration
- You care about solving problems and aren’t tied to particular solutions or technologies
- You have experience developing software professionally (either Ruby + Rails, Python + Django or similar languages and frameworks)
Bonus points for experience with:
- Healthcare stuff™, especially around insurance billing, employer integrations, clinical workflows or coaching
- Complex React projects – we’re still learning around testing, data management and component libraries
- API development, especially using GraphQL
- Design chops – especially around animations and responsive UIs
Benefits + Perks:
- Remote first and focused on community—we have Bright Spots with employees across the country (check out more info below) + a generous work-from-home stipend
- Competitive compensation & benefits packages because we know the work you do is hard and we recognize how valuable you are, including an unlimited PTO policy + 14 paid holidays, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and stock options
- Collaborate with diverse members across teams with weekly group learning opportunities and team breakfasts (and offsite retreats in the future!)
- Dedicated time for your health and wellness, including group workouts and meditations hosted by Brightline employees + a yearly wellness stipend
- With your help, we’ll build diverse & equitable programs and experiences
Brightline is a nationally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the country, some of those being: New York, Boston, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Minneapolis, San Diego, and Los Angeles. The Brightline office is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we consider all local and remote (U.S.) candidates.
At Brightline, we believe that collaborative, diverse, and empathetic tech & product teams can create transformational products to change the lives of families across the country. In a conscious effort to create a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and the families we serve, we celebrate our individual differences and walks of life. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.