RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
The platform team at RStudio works on common engineering services, cloud deployments, and developer team productivity. You will join this team of four engineers to work on a project to improve our Kubernetes and container support. You can see the Dockerfiles on GitHub, and Kubernetes helm files will be similarly available in the future. We have several improvements that can be considered for your help, whether it’s new helm examples, looking into operators, or a better CI workflow for testing. When applying, please include a cover letter that tells us why you are interested in this internship and want to work these technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Work with team members in product planning discussions and requirements gathering.
- Become the primary developer on a project related to containers or Kubernetes.
- Learn with your team members in Slack and Zoom.
- Submit code and documentation updates in GitHub.
- You have at least a beginner’s knowledge of containers and Kubernetes.
- You have programming experience using a high-level, object-oriented language (Python, Go, Java, Node.js, C#, or similar).
- You have a love of well-written documentation.
- You share a passion for leaving things better than you found them.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Interns are hired as temporary employees and are not eligible for RStudio benefits.
- 100% remote.
- Interns must be eligible to work in the United States (no international hires).
- Start date: May 24th – June 7th
- The duration of the program is 12 weeks.
- Pay Rate: $40/hr
- Interns are eligible for paid holidays on Memorial Day (5/31/21), Juneteenth (observed on 6/18/21), and July 4th.