About the Team
The HubSpot Framework Data Group is responsible for building a world-class customer data platform that allows customers to gain deep insight into their business data, and propel other HubSpot product teams forward. We have a highly visible impact on the continued growth for the entire HubSpot stack. The Framework Data systems are considered part of HubSpot’s primary colors and core building blocks for our entire platform.
The work we do in the Framework Data Group is integral to HubSpot’s success. When we make our systems more reliable, HubSpot is more stable. When we make our systems more performant, we make HubSpot faster. On top of that, any features we build unlocks functionality across the entire platform. Our work creates a consistent data experience for customers through the entire HubSpot product.
HubSpot has thousands of microservices, primarily written in Java 13, and work with highly distributed systems that leverage and push on open source technologies such as HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Memcached, MySQL, and ElasticSearch. These systems let our users store, automate, report on, and interact with their customers at scale. We deal with problems of scale on a daily basis with PB storage and millions of transactions per second.
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on engineering leader who is excited about solving complex architectural & system challenges and partnering with product on the vision and is passionate and experienced using HBase. This role is ideally fit for a hands on lead that will manage several of the engineering teams on one of these product teams and provide higher-level leadership to the other team.
The Engineering Lead role is perfect for senior engineers who want a larger leadership role while staying close to the code (at least 50% of the time).
Key Expectations for Engineering Leads:
- Engineering Leads are actively involved as a player-coach in building software and making products to solve customer problems. They are curious and involved in the technology as well as the people on their teams.
- Have led an engineering team in a management capacity
- Wish to stay hands on in all technical aspects while leading a team of engineers and collaborating cross functionally with internal stakeholders
- Have a history of developing solutions to problems that have had an outsized impact on the organization’s business goals
- They have a strong technical vision for how to implement the product vision. This can include working with teams they oversee and external teams to ensure that we are solving problems the best way for customers.
- Regularly mentor and teach engineers in their areas of expertise
- Have a thirst for technical challenges with big data and distributed systems, we process billions of events per day with multiple petabyte datastores
- Work autonomously, lead transparently, and prioritize product and people over strict processes.
We’re looking for:
- A bias for fixing problems with technology rather than process
- Passion for building reliable and scalable systems
- Someone who never accepts the status quo; we need engineers who can see beyond what we have, and towards what we can build, while maintaining an understanding about how to get there
- An understanding of building reliable systems in a complex architectural space
- Proven ability to solve complicated technical problems and analyze tradeoffs with empathy for the developers
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as the ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Cash compensation range: 180000-270000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.