Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
We’re looking for a sharp, self-motivated, problem-solving Engineering Leader to join our engineering team.
As our Client Engineering Lead, you’ll take technical ownership of our front-end web and mobile applications, our React and React Native codebases, and our React and React Native/mobile areas of expertise.
Most importantly, you’ll actively contribute to the evolution of the culture and processes of a growing engineering team.
Day-to-day, your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to problem-solving in and direction-setting of the Engineering department
- Setting and driving the technical vision and strategy for our front-end web and mobile applications
- Driving continuous improvement of the performance and quality of our front-end web and mobile applications
- Driving continuous improvement of architecture, codebases, and technical practices across our front-end web and mobile applications
- Ensuring our codebases and products can support growth while being stable, performant, secure, and easy to develop in
- Working with Staff and Senior engineers to oversee front-end web and mobile architecture and development
- Working with teams and product leaders to find the best ways to solve business problems with technology
- Executing key projects to help engineering and CompanyCam meet its goals
- Working with engineering managers to improve the technical skills of engineers
- Listening to engineers, caring deeply about their issues and developer experience, and helping them solve problems
Working At CompanyCam
Our engineering team is remote-first, spanning every time zone in the United States. We welcome people from all backgrounds and really don’t care whether or not you have a CS degree or even a high school diploma. All that matters is that you’re not an a**hole, and you’re good at what you do.
Our Product and Engineering departments also do things a little differently than what you might be used to.
We use a customized version of Basecamp’s Shape Up method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan’s Inspired) to organize and execute our work. As our Client Engineering Lead, you won’t be embedded in a product team, but the highlights are still relevant: we work in cross-functional teams, and we set aside 25% of developer time for undirected work (we call these “cool-downs”).
Sounds nice, right? No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 1,000 meetings. We protect our engineers’ time, treat them like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We’re also big on not overworking people. Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends.
Our larger company culture is also refreshingly chill. We have fun, learn from each other, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We cover the important stuff too. We pay well, offer unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, and other benefits.
This is a salaried position at CompanyCam. The starting point of our salary band for this level is $170,000, and the top of our salary band for this level is $210,000.
What We Ask Of You
- Staff+ experience working as a professional software engineer
- Strong experience with React OR React Native
- Strong experience with native mobile development
- Experience delivering web and mobile products to a large customer base
- Proven track record of architecting complex, scalable solutions
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful outcomes
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects to successful outcomes
- History of collaborative partnerships with business and product leaders
- Strong experience mentoring engineers and helping them level up their skills
Ready to apply?
If you share our passion for serving our customers and bringing truth and transparency to the contracting industry, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position can be U.S. Remote or in our Lincoln office. At least one year of remote experience is required if you plan on working remotely. We are not accepting applicants outside the U.S. at this time.