Grab a Seat at the Table
BentoBox and Clover are working together to shape the future of modern hospitality. Join the team building award-winning technology for the restaurants you know and love.
About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 14,000 restaurants worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
BentoBox is proud to be a part of Restaurant Solutions, a division of Fiserv – a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python and React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage 2-4 engineers building features, tools, and infrastructure.
- Lead successful development and delivery of team projects and operations
- Mentor direct reports, provide performance feedback and help them develop their careers.
- Collaborate with product, design, and other teams to set the teams roadmap and balance new features with technical debt.
- Partner with engineering leadership to help determine engineering team strategy, tackle team-wide inefficiencies.
- Contribute in a hands-on manner writing code and reviewing code written by members of the engineering team
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 5+ years of experience writing production code
- 3+ years of tech leadership
- Experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux
- Hands-on coding experience developing scalable web applications.
- Proficient at project management; can make the right tradeoffs to ship projects on time with high quality.
- Experience mentoring individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise (frontend/backend).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox newly hired employees in the United States will not be required to be fully vaccinated, but will be required to disclose vaccination status. Associates traveling within the U.S. will no longer be required to attend safety briefings and Fiserv-sponsored events will no longer require proof of vaccination. All Fiserv associates can enter and work in Fiserv facilities regardless of vaccination status.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
These pay ranges apply to employees in New York and California. Pay ranges for employees in other states may differ.
$105,100.00 – $182,500.00