Remote is THE global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works).
We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. We value kindness, ownership and team collaboration. You can check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and we love Working Async. This means you get to do your own schedule no matter the timezone. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
The team you’ll be joining: 33 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We’re organised into product teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
More information about this role in Remote’s engineering career path
Must have (professional experience):
- Previously managed more than 2 teams at the same time
- Having been an engineering manager for at least 2 years
- Previous experience as engineering team leader
- Manage multiple engineering teams within a well defined scope of our product
- Contribute to push forward the path to equality of opportunities, diversity and inclusivity to everyone in the world
- Implement and uphold development principles and best practices
- Communicate proactively and extensively about team progress
- Prioritise and optimise current processes
- Continuously work with other areas of the business and identify improvement points
- Understand and communicate team capacity and hiring requirements
- Work with the people that report to you on their career path and set up everyone for success
- Spend 75% of time managing teams and projects and 25% on technical tasks (MR, technical improvements, etc.)
- Remote work culture
- You and your family come first! Unlimited paid time off.
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable
- Good salary and company options
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with our CTO
- Interview with your future manager (Engineering Manager)
- (async) Take home assignment
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- (async) Offer