Are you a technical leader looking to join and grow a team of incredibly talented engineers? Do you get excited by the chance to be a mentor, helping your team grow in their careers? Are you known for finding solutions to any problem that may come your way, all while clearly communicating with other stakeholders? You feel that your success comes from helping others be successful. You’re looking to do meaningful work, collaborate with incredible people, and be challenged—and you’ll find all of that at Thinkific!
As the Engineering Manager for our Trust teams, your primary role is to make your teams successful, supporting their growth while actively removing any blockers that they may be facing. You will champion our core values as an Engineering organization and will work to determine our goals, ensuring that we are held accountable to them. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you won’t be primarily hands-on and writing code. Instead, you’ll bring your technical background and your desire to understand the technical aspects of the product to help Thinkific continue to grow and scale our Engineering team. You’ll be an excellent recruiter, a highly skilled communicator, a great issue resolver, and an organizer of people.
In this role, you will:
- Directly lead, mentor, and coach a group of Engineering Team Leads responsible for our DevOps and Fundamental Architecture teams
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering and our People team to help continue to build our incredible team by recruiting top talent
- Work within the overall Engineering team to establish and refine the remote experience as we continue to grow our distributed team
- Gain an understanding of, improve upon, and clarify the methods by which we build and maintain our product
- Understand and clearly communicate the company vision and objectives to the Engineering Team Leads and provide feedback on those objectives back to the management team
- Recommend new technologies, tools, and processes to improve the way we work and help our team incorporate them
- Help with tracking and reporting on SR&ED and IRAP projects, ensuring that requirements are met and documented in collaboration with the Director of Engineering
- Report on team engagement and velocity to the Director of Engineering
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of leadership experience in software engineering, particularly using an Agile process within a SaaS business
- Have 3+ years of prior experience as a senior software developer
- Possess experience managing and growing a larger team (ideally 15 or more engineers)
- Demonstrate the ability to be a guiding hand and a mentor for team leads that you’ve previously managed
- Exhibit excellent team building, leadership, and 1-on-1 coaching skills
- Be exceptional at managing relationships, whether that’s with your team, potential candidates, or a leadership team
- Possess strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills
- Be a strong oral and written communicator
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have previously led a team in DevOps or Site Reliability
- Know how to identify top talent—you’ve likely previously hired for roles within an engineering organization and built a team
- Push for quality and excellence with engineering teams, and that’s been shown in the results of your previous teams
- Can effectively and accurately track and report on SR&ED and IRAP projects
- Have experience creating staffing proposals and velocity reports across multiple teams
- Are comfortable with organizing training and mentoring opportunities for individuals and teams
- Have the demonstrated ability to build networks and community influence
Bonus points if you:
- Already have a strong network of A Players to support our recruiting and people development efforts
- Previously worked at or with a product-focused company
- Know what it’s like to work remotely—you may have worked remotely yourself and have led remote teams in the past
- Get excited about creating and innovating on a remote work experience
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!