Lambda’s GPU cloud is used by deep learning engineers at Stanford, Berkeley, and MIT. Lambda’s on-prem systems power research and engineering at Intel, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, major universities, and the Department of Defense.
If you’d like to build the world’s best deep learning cloud, join us.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, manage, and grow our cloud infrastructure engineering team
- Oversee the design, deployment, and operation of our cloud’s physical data centers, networking, and host deployment processes
- Improve and establish processes and systems that boost the efficiency and impact of the cloud infrastructure team
- Support your team in making pragmatic decisions that focus on impact and time to delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and contributors are unblocked and working effectively
- Have years of experience managing infrastructure engineers, such as data center technicians, network engineers, storage engineers, and systems engineers
- Have both effectively managed teams and guided technical direction and architecture
- Have led projects related to:
- Cloud/data center networking
- Host configuration/orchestration
- Host/data center monitoring
- Large-scale storage systems
- Care deeply about prioritization and know how to balance business needs with engineering needs
- Are strategic, operationally excellent, and empathetic
- Are focused on the impact of your team and the well-being of your team members
- Excel at hiring, mentoring, and professional development
Nice To Have
- Experience with data center networking
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with high performance computing
- Experience as a startup founder or founding engineer
- Deploying a new data center
- Adding CPU compute hosts to the fleet
- Supporting software-defined networking features (e.g. VPC)
- Designing a new host orchestration/management system
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation. Cash Compensation range: $195,000 – $263,000
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 100, and are growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we actually use
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.