About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built three brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), and Evens (for acid reflux). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
Engineering managers collaborate with Design and Product to plan and build new products and features for our users, providing guidance on engineering concerns such as productivity tools, testing culture and the health of the codebase while supporting the career growth of each engineer on the team.
- Lead an engineering team on one of our Business Units and guide backend and frontend developers to meet business requirements while striving for a sustainable engineering culture and environment.
- As Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to manage a team of 4 – 8 people and help them build out career pathing through 1:1s, performance evaluations, and advocating for raises and promotions.
- Work closely with the Director of Engineering to develop a strong engineering culture on your team and at Thirty Madison that embodies our mission of delivering modern, high quality, and accessible health care services.
- Be a part of the engineering recruiting process from outreach, interviewing, coaching engineers new to interviewing and onboarding new hires
- Mentor and coach software engineers to meet their career goals
- Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help effectively scale our products.
You’re the right person for this role if you:
- You are a positive, inspiring, and supportive leader; a nurturer of talent
- A passion for building an inclusive team culture where engineers of a diverse set of backgrounds can grow.
- You have a track record of growing teams, continuous improvement, and have executed on validated solutions to reach the desired outcomes.
- You have been a part of shipping several successful products, ideally across domains
- A desire to build teams that others will learn from.
- You know how to balance team morale, while continuing to execute against ambitious timelines.
- You have experience managing stakeholders and pushing back on items that are not high priority.
- You are an excellent communicator and can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through April 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.