We’re passionate innovators, engineers, and marketers building the technology to power the future of commerce. Ordergroove is a B2B SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience by enabling recurring revenue through subscriptions programs. We shift consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Recent studies show that 75% of direct-to-consumer retailers will offer subscription services by 2023. Ordergroove is a leader in the technology that will allow retailers to do this.
About this position:
Ordergroove is looking for an extraordinarily talented, passionate and naturally curious individual to join our Engineering Team. Our Software Engineers are problem solvers who get excited about pushing the boundaries of what we can achieve, love learning and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
We are quickly changing the way people shop online and how online retailers develop customer loyalty, and we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer who can help us achieve this goal. Specifically, we are looking to completely revolutionize the data experience for our merchants. We want to make it as easy as possible to understand how they are performing and give them all the tools to make the best decision for their business. The ideal candidate should be a hacker by nature, who isn’t afraid to learn new languages and gets excited about working with the latest technologies.
What you will do:
- Be a technical leader both within our data team and broader engineering team at Ordergroove
- Build, maintain and improve large scale data processing and streaming systems using python and cloud platforms
- Work with other data engineers, application engineers, product managers, and decision makers to build high quality data products and deliver a cohesive customer experience
- Improve the quality, freshness, and integrity of data at Ordergroove by continuously benchmarking and making our data pipelines more efficient
- Perform root cause analysis on discrepancies discovered in the data systems
- Continuously improve our code base by working with innovative data processing, streaming, ETL and Reverse ETL tools and technologies
- Document and share the design and working of data systems with the team asynchronously
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- You have a product-driven mindset and have a strong interest in tackling customer-centric problems
- You write production level Python on a daily basis
- You have hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- You are skilled at writing and optimizing SQL (core application DBs use MySQL and BigQuery)
- Passionate about code quality, continuous delivery, automated testing
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient.
- You value team success over personal success.
Bonus points if you have:
- Full Stack experience developing web applications in React/NodeJS, backend APIs in Django (Python) or asynchronous task management systems like Celery
- Experience mentoring or leading a team of software engineers
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with one or more e-commerce products, high volume SaaS products, payment systems
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
- Raised $150M from top-notch investors
- Remote-first team with members all over the world
- Hundreds of customers including Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, PetSmart, Wal-mart, L’Oreal, Unilever, Peet’s Coffee, KIND, Love Wellness, and Tula
In 2000, subscriptions transformed the software world with SaaS. In 2021, subscriptions are transforming the retail and DTC world as the fastest-growing segment of commerce.
Ordergroove’s SaaS product enables subscription experiences for hundreds of brands including The Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, KIND Snacks, Peet’s Coffee, L’Oreal, and Home Depot, shifting consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to frictionless recurring revenue relationships. Via partnerships with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Salesforce, Adobe Magento, and BigCommerce, Ordergroove’s omni-channel product coupled with machine learning has processed billions of dollars in subscription volume for tens of millions of consumers.
Recently named one of the Best Companies to Work For in New York for the third year in a row, our values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives, and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team so that we gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our successes.
With a fully flexible work from anywhere culture, staying connected and supporting each other are always top of mind. We build our tight-knit community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes, and book clubs. We encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees and we stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all-hands meetings.
At Ordergroove, we focus on flexibility and empowering our team to make the right decisions for themselves. We have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy (totally remote anywhere in the US, or you can go into the NYC office as much as you would like), and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course, that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits. Come join our amazing team while we enable the fastest-growing segment of commerce that makes life easier for millions of consumers every day!
At Ordergroove, we want to hire, develop and retain the best talent, making Ordergroove a top destination to grow your career.
The pay transparency law is a way of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment. It is also a way to share what we think