Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we’ve built 150+ connectors and we’ve had 15,000+ companies syncing data with us. We’ve raised $181M from some of the world’s top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
Data warehouses are an integral part of the Airbyte product. As the Engineering Manager, you will own making Airbyte’s Data Warehouses experience seamless. Our users are looking to coalesce all of their data into a single warehouse. This requires these destinations to be highly reliable and efficient. It also requires them to be highly configurable to meet different warehousing and scaling needs. These destinations lay the foundation for our user’s data strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Own the output of the Data Warehouses Team.
- Collaborate with the product team to align the team with and execute against company goals.
- Provide context to the team on product and business goals.
- Manage engineers on the team (3-8 people).
- Grow engineers on the team.
- Manage hiring to hit team growth goals.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Excited to work and manage remote engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
- Belief in our values
- Fully remote flexible work environment – we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space – most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) – so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose – we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy – we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy – we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
- Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
- Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
- Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
- 401k for US-based employees.
- Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.