Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
About the Team
- The Design Systems team is responsible for the concepts, guides, systems, and components that make up the fabric of Etsy’s customer experience. Our product teams use Etsy’s Design Systems to build beautiful, engaging, inclusive, accessible and useful products consistently to Etsy’s Buyers and Sellers.
- You will work directly with Design, Product and Engineering leadership to craft our growing landscape of systems and will shape the future of Etsy’s customer experience. Your work will have a multiplier effect as your products are used by all of Etsy’s product teams, and touch every piece of the customer journey.
This is a full-time role located in our Brooklyn or San Francisco offices (eventually).
About the Role
- Lead teams to build great products. Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in empowering engineers to succeed
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and analytics to ensure that your team is delivering value for our users
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
- Can facilitate great technical decision-making across a broad technical stack, having passion for the technical aspects of your work, but a desire to let engineers drive the details
- Know how to apply process judiciously to amplify your team’s work and deliver great products more effectively
- Thrive in a deeply collaborative environment where you partner with other cross-disciplinary leaders to achieve great results
- Have the ability to make data driven decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.