Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is looking for an Engineering Manager to join its Global Product Compliance team. This is a remote-friendly position on a remote team based in the US.
The Global Product Compliance team’s mission is to ensure that the Etsy marketplace aligns with legal regulations for our worldwide community of buyers and sellers. We reduce risk through user-facing work that balances Etsy’s compliance requirements with our users’ needs, and with our company’s values. Engineering managers closely collaborate with their Design and Product partners, providing mentorship on engineering concerns such as resilience and maintainability while supporting the career growth of each engineer on the team. You’ll also help the team to plan, collaborate, and communicate with excellence, and to nurture a healthy team culture.
This role is available (eventually) in our Brooklyn HQ or San Francisco office. Alternatively we are able to hire remotely within the US & Canada.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
- You are a proven team-builder that can help create an environment of safe, open communication between team members
- You facilitate technical decision-making across a broad technical stack, having passion for the technical aspects of your work, but a desire to let engineers drive the details
- You apply process judiciously to amplify your team’s work and effectively deliver great solutions
- You thrive in a deeply collaborative environment where you partner with other cross-disciplinary leaders to achieve great results
- You make data driven decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
- You know how to adapt and succeed as a team in response to changing priorities and requirements
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.