Fonoa is a product first company. Over the last few months, we’ve been able to gain considerable traction across our engineering, product, people and growth efforts.
As part of our expansion, we are now looking to hire a product-focused Engineering Manager who will be leading a cross-functional team that is responsible for one of our core product lines, where you will work with our in-house engineers, external developers, and product managers to facilitate, organise, and deliver requirements based on incoming business and customer insights that will shape how we scale our tax solutions.
As an Engineering Manager at Fonoa you will have full ownership of driving the roadmap and priorities of your team, ensuring the team is properly staffed and supported. In doing so you will empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity.
What the role looks like:
- Partner with Product Managers in the team on aligning business objectives and technical delivery
- Own your team’s product roadmap and ensure every engineer in the team knows the what, why, and how
- Ensure the team is properly staffed and supported by cross-functional teams
- Supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- Remove dependencies and bottlenecks and introduce practices that increase our overall quality of engineering
- Recruit great engineers
- Work with other engineers and engineering leaders to design and drive the plan for our engineering vision
- Worked as an Engineering Manager for a b2b / saas / high growth technology company
- Successfully led a group of engineers, shaping the structure and delivery of the team
- A solid understanding of modern engineering practices / philosophies that increases product quality
- Worked with, and/or built, geographically distributed teams
- You have a people-first approach when working with your team; giving them the tools, frameworks and advice to continue to succeed in their careers
- Inspiringly lead through empowerment, trust and autonomy
- Sounding board on technical and architectural decisions
- Experience in Fintech or API-led products is a plus
- Package: A very competitive base salary
- Equity: A lucrative equity offer to ensure this grows as the business grows over time
- Fully Remote: We are a global and distributed team cross Europe. You chose the city and ideal spot
- Holidays: 25 days of annual leave, plus any local bank holidays based on your location
- Equipment: High-quality gear and budget to purchase office equipment for your ideal setup
- Learning: Whatever courses, certificates and skills you have in mind, we will support you throughout your journey whilst at Fonoa
- Fonoa Fridays: Lunch is on us twice a month 🙂
- Company Off-site: An annual, expenses paid global meetup of the Fonoa team somewhere fun in the world (post-Covid)
- High growth: An opportunity to really accelerate your career, working with a truly global team, experienced founders, and strong VC backing.
Remote but has to be between UTC-1 and UTC+3. Please don’t apply if you can’t fit your long-term schedule during those working hours. However, we will soon be expanding our preferred time zones, so stay tuned!
We only accept applications from individuals. We are not looking for outsourcing agencies. Any request or application from companies will not be processed.
At Fonoa, we automate taxes for marketplaces, digital content platforms, ride-sharing, delivery, SaaS, and e-commerce globally.
If you want to launch a business today, there are plenty of products out there to help you get going – from Stripe for payments to Twilio for customer engagement.
How come figuring out taxes is so hard? Why isn’t there an easy way to implement a solution to handle all your taxes on products and services sold worldwide?
We help clients reduce the cost of operations and manual workload when selling internationally.
Our product suite enables users to automatically assign tax rates to each online transaction, create locally compliant receipts & invoices, and report them to tax authorities.
We are an API-first company and our product suite runs seamlessly with minimum manual work required from the user.
Our mission is to automate repetitive and fragmented manual tasks conducted by finance teams and developers via an easy to use API.
Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
We are a remote-first team working across +10 countries. We focus on building best in class products based on observed customer needs and previous industry experience.
Our team has an excellent track record of solving challenging problems at companies such as Uber, Amazon, Grab, Hopin, Farfetch, McKinsey, Trivago, Rocket Internet, and EY.
We are expanding our global presence and looking for many new team members to join us!
- Fonoa is a fully remote company and team members working across 9 different countries in a fully-distributed way
- Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you
- Best ideas win, no matter who expresses them
- Builder’s first mindset. We give everyone a lot of autonomy to think of and deliver on their ideas
- We move fast and enable small teams to ideate, prototype, test, and iterate quickly
- Flat structure, excited team members, great incentives, no corporate BS
- We value writing, mental clarity, and neat digital organization skills
- We nurture asynchronous communication enabling everyone in the team to organize their work however they see fit