Reports to: Senior Director Engineering
Location: Remote, US and Canada Only
Compensation Range: $170,000 to $210,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 as a fully remote company by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business, which is why Huntress focuses on protecting those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Huntress stops hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools by utilizing our award winning security platform and expert human threat hunters through dynamic products including Managed EDR, MDR for Microsoft 365, and Managed Security Awareness Training.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Huntress continues to evolve our DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer team and is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with hands-on DevOps and Site Reliability (SRE) experience who is passionate about driving stability, observability, resilience, and scalability into our applications and systems, and is passionate about enabling our product teams to continuously integrate and deploy their code. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the DevOps/ SRE team develops frameworks and tooling that enables our product teams to ship code quickly and safely, and proactively builds, monitors, and implements resilient production infrastructure that is a part of the Huntress Security Platform.
- Lead the design, build, maintenance, and operations of our AWS Cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of services with effective monitoring and resilient operations
- Build an observability plan and use it to maintain and improve reliability
- Lead the build of automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of vulnerabilities, auto-scaling, etc.
- Lead the build-out of a scalable, efficient, and robust Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline
- Lead the build-out of an automated test framework that validates end-to-end system functionality
- Design and execute plan to transition observability tools and responsibilities of appropriate systems and applications to Product Teams
- Support Product Teams instrumenting observability and alerting into product systems and applications
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Coach, and mentor a diverse team of engineers with emphasis on collaboration, teamwork and creativity
- Lead the team to build and set standards for team excellence, driving performance improvements at both team and individual levels
- Lead with transparency, candidly challenge assumptions, exhibit integrity above all else
What You Bring To The Team:
- Hands-on experience performing as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Experience defining, negotiating, measuring, and satisfying Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Hands-on expertise working with AWS Cloud Environments and managed services (Redis, RDS, S3, etc)
- Hands-on expertise developing infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Proficiency in scripting – Shell scripts, Python preferred
- Experience supporting ruby-on-rails applications (or similar) in production environments
- Configuration and infrastructure management experience with cloud-based databases
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- Experience developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, processes, and tools
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience developing complex software products
- 3+ years of experience hiring, managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers who may be at various stages of their career
- Experience with different software development methodologies such as agile, scrum, and kanban
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to come to work every day just as they are.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page.