Moz is looking for an engineering manager for the User Services team, responsible for building applications to support all invoicing, charging, and subscription-management for Moz products.
The team is part of the larger engineering group at Moz which supports the development of Moz’s core SaaS products. Engineering collaborates across roles and disciplines to deliver tools for digital marketers in all industries and aspects of Search.
We are an office optional company. This position can be from any of our office locations.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What’s Important to Us
- Subject matter expert. Has experience working in payments. Understands the relevant regulations and policies that we must adhere to, and ensures we remain always in compliance.
- Detail oriented. Payments processing requires precision. Pays attention to the details, puts process and structure in place to ensure excellent reliability, and accuracy in payments systems. Has experience putting monitoring and processes in place to ensure proper operation of payments systems.
- Accountable. Is action-oriented. Takes initiative, doesn’t wait to be told what to do. Solves problems and takes ownership. Coaches others into accountability.
- Relationship builder. Builds strong relationships throughout Moz, and in the engineering org in particular. Works collaboratively with other engineering leaders. Contributes generously to the leadership group.
- Stakeholder oriented. Takes responsibility for the quality and experience of the products they build and the value they provide to internal stakeholders. Invested in the success of Moz as a whole. Partners with finance collaboratively.
- Resourceful and adaptable. Looks for information and answers to questions proactively and shares that knowledge. Willing to take on unexpected responsibilities and challenges. Can function in situations without rigorous structure or process.
- Collaborative. Is team-focused and shares information openly. Able to communicate effectively within a distributed team and with different levels of understanding. Enlists others when solving problems to make sure all perspectives are considered. Asks for help when needed and looks for opportunities to offer help.
- Servant-Leadership. Knows how to lead through coaching and enabling rather than giving direction. Supportive, patient, and people-focused.
- Curious and motivated to grow. Seeks feedback and development opportunities. Fosters similar continuous development motivation among the team. Knows that things that work can still be improved.
- TAGFEE. Understands and embraces core Moz values. Sets an example and creates accountability for the team. Creates a welcoming environment for all. Deeply committed to diversity and inclusion, and shows that through action.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Directly manage seven software engineers. Help them grow their performance, technical skill, and professional capabilities.
- Be a leader in creating goals, direction, and alignment across the User Services team.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent financial and data regulations, including PCI, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Help build technology and practices that will support growth and sustain operation of Moz products over the next several years.
Experience We Want to See
- At least 2 years of experience leading engineers as manager
- At least 2 years of experience leading payments teams specifically, including responsibility for maintaining low-level PCI compliance (familiarity with GDPR and CCPA regulations strongly preferred)
- 5+ years experience delivering products or services using web technologies
- Experience integrating with or operating a Payment Processor / payment gateways (Stripe preferred)
- Experience with custom billing software, processing in excess of 20,000 transactions per month
- Experience with ERP integration – Ledger and billing software
- Experience leading distributed or remote teams
- Experience working in AWS
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Great problem solving skills
- Understanding and support for pragmatic, agile software development practices
- Ability to coach and develop teams and individuals
- Excellent accountability
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Experience migrating from a datacenter to cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Experience with SaaS products, especially mature products that have sustained growth over time
- Significant experience as a software engineer or SDET
- Experience using metrics and data to drive software engineering and product-development
- Knowledge of search and SEO
- Experience with ISO 27001, SOC 2, or other relevant information security standards
- Experience with Fraud Detection and Analysis desired
Who You’ll Work With
- Other engineering leaders who are working to continually improve and evolve the culture and practice of software development at the company, bringing new ways of working and diverse perspectives to our organization
The Moz Group, a division of Ziff Davis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZD), is a leading Internet information and services company consisting of a portfolio of brands across digital media and cloud services. The Moz Group business includes Campaigner, iContact, Kickbox, Moz and SMTP.com.