R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society approaches health in the built environment, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to create safer, healthier buildings for all. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to deliver healthier indoor spaces for all.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes health in the built environment.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a better future via better buildings.
We are rapidly growing and constantly working on new hardware products. To support our prototyping efforts we are looking to find an assistant to deal with material receiving, shipping, sorting, and running logistical errands across the Bay Area.
You will work with small electronic components, hardware, sheet metal, plastic, packaging, and finished products. The day-to-day tasks will consist of ordering and accurately receiving/depleting parts in the inventory, sorting on shelves, and accounting for that in a software program (such as Odoo or similar).
The position is a full-time position and is located on-site in Milpitas, California.
What you’ll do
- Manage inventory management of lab equipment, parts, tools and supplies
- Procure and source engineering parts for Engineering/R&D purchases from third party vendors
- Manage the storage, transport, receiving of equipment at the laboratory, account in the software system, and placement on shelves
- Depleting inventory from the software system as engineers will consume these
- Manage the transport and delivery for urgent prototype materials
- Support manufacturing operations from an issue resolution standpoint (testing or components related)
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a drivers license
- Ability to operate and drive a van
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar operational role
- Familiarity with Odoo or similar
- Proficiency with Excel/Google spreadsheets
- Accuracy with numbers and materials
- Willingness to learn and work fast
- Bias for action and ability to work independently
This position may require up to 5% domestic travel.
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture.
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two.
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one.
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key.
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one.
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important.
- Unlimited time off.
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team.
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.