Gradle is the build tool of choice for millions of developers around the globe and is the official build tool for Android applications. Developing Gradle is a dynamic and demanding engineering challenge, with the reward of significant industry impact and collaboration with some of the world’s best software teams.
Our software is used by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for an experienced Security Administrator to continuously improve the security of critical tooling and infrastructure through technical expertise, security advocacy, and establishing effective processes to ensure organizational compliance.
The Security Administrator is part of the Engineering team and collaborates with all other departments in the company.
- Initiate and drive organization-wide information security initiatives
- Instill information security best practices throughout the organization
- Ensure proper configuration and permissions of critical tools used in the organization
- Maintain security of internal development infrastructure
- Provide security advice and support to all departments in the organization
- Maintain security awareness training program
- 5 years of experience in information security
- Solid understanding of modern information security best practices
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with automation and scripting
- Knowledge of infrastructure and networking
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with AWS security
- Experience with securing Continuous Integration and Deployment systems
- Experience with using configuration management tools
What we value
- Passion for making other software engineers more productive
- Strong customer and community focus
- Delivering useful high-quality solutions
- Pragmatism in execution and getting things done
- Open communication and respect for each other
What we offer
- Work on a fast-growing product with millions of users and a clear vision for the future
- Cooperation with passionate and experienced engineers and the opportunity to learn from them regardless of your experience level
- Ability to work from any place on the planet in a remote-first environment with flexible working hours
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Submit your cover letter and resume via the form below
- Explain in your cover letter why you want to work for Gradle
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.