At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Our industry-leading platform helps companies of all sizes and industries achieve durable growth through customer-led growth strategies (Gainsight CS), product-led growth strategies (Gainsight PX), and community-led growth strategies (inSided). With Gainsight, it’s never been easier for customer success, product, and community engagement teams to scale efficiently, create alignment, and have a holistic view of their customers—all of which help increase product adoption, prevent churn, and grow customer communities. Our software is used by hundreds of companies, including nearly 200 publicly traded organizations and industry leaders such as GE Digital, SAP Concur, and Box.
Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020. In 2021, we won their Excellence in Engineering award in recognition for our product and engineering advancements.
A remote-friendly company, we have offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Israel, and India. Gainsight was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021. It has also been named as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of our core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
This role will be remote based in Germany or UK
Enterprise Account Executives are responsible for identifying and creating compelling business value in selling Gainsight solutions to prospective customers. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will create and cultivate relationships to build and maintain customers for life. The Enterprise Account Executive will work with all Gainsight stakeholders including Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, Pre-Sales – Solution Consultants, Product Support and Product Management to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
What a Gainsight Enterprise Account Executive will do
Follow and manage the Gainsight Sales Process
- Achieve sales quota for assigned territory and/or accounts
- Maintain appropriate proactive sales development activity to ensure healthy pipeline management
- Execute a thorough discovery process understanding customer requirements
- Articulate value messaging related to driving customer outcomes
- Manage complex, multithreaded sales cycles across all stakeholders
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers as necessary
- Conduct online or onsite product demonstrations to qualified prospects as necessary
- Respond to RFPs for qualified business opportunities where Gainsight is a fit
- Work with Gainsight’s Professional Services organization to evaluate training and consulting needs to support implementations
- Develop and maintain industry and competitive Product and Market Knowledge
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Gainsight product and services offered
- Gain an understanding of Gainsight’s use in the industry, as well as best practices
- Be a subject matter expert for your designated industry and territory
- Work with Business/Sales Development Representatives to define and support prospecting efforts within assigned territory
- Enter new leads, contact data, log calls and other sales information into SFDC for prospects, partners and customers
- Prepare formal proposals, produce price quotes, work with management on contract negotiations, and coordinate the gathering of all necessary paperwork to process orders
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with releases, payments, product use or implementation (as required)
- Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams
- Conduct online webinars as a means of generating qualified leads
- Plan, promote and conduct round table events in key locations within your territory
- Travel to and attend trade shows, conferences, round tables and onsite visits; 40-50% travel per year
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience selling Enterprise Solutions (SaaS and services)
- Comfort and expertise calling on and presenting to C-Suite level contacts, six figure deal sizes and 6-12 month sales cycles
- This role could be based in Germany or living in the UK. You will need to have professionally proficiency in German
- Potential first sales person on the ground in Germany, ability to build out a territory and work with the VP, EMEA to grow the DACH Region
- Proven track record of identifying business issues and creating value while managing multiple stakeholders and decision makers in a complex sales cycle
- Demonstrated history of quota achievement/overachievement
- Highly competitive, entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Experience in the Customer Success field working with Chief Revenue Officers and Chief Customer Officers strategizing to drive .
At Gainsight, we don’t believe in doing things as a “means to an end.” Life’s too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that “work vs. life” is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are Our 5 Values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule (“Do unto others…” and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hook, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique – Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees