Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names..
As an Enterprise Customer Operations Specialist at Stack Overflow, you’ll work in tandem with internal stakeholders to increase usage of the platform by existing customers and discover their technology needs. The Enterprise Customer Operations Specialist help our customers get the most out of our product offerings and, during the post-sales motion, you’ll work with customers to help them apply Stack Overflow for Teams to their current environment and development practices. This is an opportunity to engage at the intersection of code, systems, sales, and customer success, while also learning the ins and outs of operating a growing software business. The Enterprise Customer Operations Specialist is essential to a successful customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort and ideas will matter. You’re relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product you’re selling and take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
This role will be required to work in the GMT time zones.
What you’ll do:
- Post-sales engineering assistance to help prospects understand the technical capabilities of the software and how it can fit into their organization’s existing systems
- Handle all customer deployments and ensure successful setup and configuration of the system in their environment.
- Assist clients with configuration and connection to other systems such as mail servers, single-sign-on, DNS, etc.
- Investigate and resolve customer technical issues.
- Follow-up on issues by tracking their progress and ensuring their completion in a timely manner.
- Ensure technical support SLAs are met.
- Work with the product engineering team to communicate bugs or other issues to be fixed and incorporated into future releases.
- Assist customers with upgrades.
- Provide QA, Testing, and Release Engineering support alongside SREs for new releases and updates.
- Create or update customer-facing product documentation.
- Ensure that our customers have the best possible experience with our product and team.
What you need to have:
- Hands-on technical customer-facing experience in either in an IT helpdesk environment or supporting an enterprise-level SaaS product.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You excel at analyzing and solving technical problems.
- Familiarity with Information Technology policies at medium to large companies. You don’t need to know compliance regimes, but you should know how to help our clients navigate them.
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL. You can read and write queries, and know how to read a schema.
- Experience with basic Information Technology subjects such as SMTP, SSO, SAML, SSL, REST, Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancers, and IP routing.
- Experience with Microsoft server technologies. Azure, SQL Server, Windows Server, etc. AWS a plus.
- The ability to communicate effectively and positively through written and spoken English, explaining technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical writing skills, such as how-tos and product/support documentation.
- On-premises system or cloud administration skills.
- Know how to read an API spec and be able to answer questions.
- Understanding of networking and firewall configuration, and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong organizational skills. You’ll be juggling multiple customers and issues at the same time, and need to be able to stay on top of things and maintain regular communication with both customers and the rest of your team
- Experience with our tech stack: C#, IIS, MS SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- The ability to read and navigate a codebase. You can take a stack trace and work your way to understand what is happening behind the scenes.
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically.
- Understanding of or experience with Web Application and Architecture. Knowledge of Object-View-Controller models and frameworks a plus.
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting.
- The ability to take a problem from the front-end through to the debugger, possibly proposing or working out a fix and commit.
- You’ll be required to work 9a-6p, Monday through Friday, local time (GMT). You may be asked to adjust your schedule to minimize coverage outages or work outside those hours to facilitate customer meetings.
- You’ll need to work 1p-10p GMT, Monday through Friday, for the first 6 weeks to facilitate training.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.