WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is seeking a talented Escalation Engineer to join our fast growing organization. You will join WELL’s Engineering team and will report directly to our QA Manager while working closely with our Director of Client Operations.
You will be responsible for managing, investigating, and resolving complex Tier 2 and 3 technical issues across WELL’s client base. You will have foundational, deep technical skills and know basic code. You are excited about taking the next step in your career and interested in learning about healthcare IT. You will also have a solid knowledge of technical concepts, ranging from RESTful APIs to Frontend Development frameworks. You are a detail-oriented, organized, and passionate solver of obscure issues.
- Own full resolution of all Tier 2 and 3 technical support tickets
- Drive team to achievement of issue-resolution organizational goals and SLAs
- Act as a technical subject matter expert on the WELL platform and platform integrations
- Manage escalation of all non-resolvable bugs to technical teams
- Contribute to process improvements that drive improved ticket throughput and resolution
- Troubleshoot all customer-reported WELL platform and integration-related issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in SAAS company support, operations, escalations, or equivalent
- Experience with at least 1 object oriented programming language
- Deep troubleshooting experience (including debugging) and some development experience
- Some experience leveraging SQL and Mongo for troubleshooting
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with technical product team members on new initiatives
- Self-motivated, driven individual who takes full ownership of solving problems
- A team player that is passionate about their work and playing as a team
- Experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and/or startup environment
- Healthcare IT experience; specifically supporting healthcare integrations leveraging HL7v2, and flat files (bonus if you have worked with HL7 FHIR)
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are open to candidates that would be interested in working full-time out of our headquarters when we return to in-office work, or those that are already located within the United States and seeking a permanently remote position.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.