Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
We are currently planning conferences and exhibitions in the US and UK ranging from 150-5000+ attendees.
About the Role
As an Event Coordinator, you will be given significant and varied responsibilities. Core to the role is managing clients’ sponsorship campaigns, registration management, event page maintenance and working with external vendors to create a seamless onsite experience for our guests. In this role you will work directly with our conference attendees, sponsors and 3rd party vendors with a heavy focus on our first ever expo.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with 1+ years of experiential event experience.
We are based in New York, looking for someone in the tri-state area able to commute to New York as needed.
You will work closely with the events team to plan and execute our upcoming, in person, conferences.
In your role, you will:
- Act as the primary liaison for our general contractor
- Source venues for ancillary activities such as networking parties and VIP dinners
- Create unique activation and sponsorship opportunities from conception to execution
- Support guest registration, identify onsite registration vendors: answering inbound questions, providing attendees with networking app access and social sharing packages, and providing weekly updates to the team on registration numbers.
- Support sponsors with exhibition related questions.
- Support housing management for our larger scale conferences.
- Prepare post event client reporting
- And best of all – onsite execution. Must be open to travel.
What You’ll Bring
- Passion about events
- Creative thinking and solutions for unique, high impact sponsorship opportunities
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Excitement about making efficient, organized processes to improve workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior executives and provide superior customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Experience with registration/event platforms is a bonus (Universe, Cvent, Eventbrite, WordPress, etc)
- Muscles big enough to lift a 20 lb box (we’re a roll up your sleeves kind of company)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Events Coordinator + Your Name” in the subject line.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org