Remote, US (East Coast), Corporate Development/Finance Teams, Full Time
At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About Corporate and Business Development
The Corporate and Business Development organization supports ConsenSys in pursuing and executing complex transactions for ConsenSys. From strategic partnerships, to M&A, to capital raising.
The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. They also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short and long-term future. Our mission is to support financial decision-making and corporate planning while embodying our company’s values. They thrive on a passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomics, exceptional work ethic, and team oriented mentality.
What you’ll do
Play “Calendar Tetris” – level: EXPERT!!
To start, you will look after 3 amazing people on our Corp Dev and Finance teams – calendar management, meeting scheduling, etc.
As time goes on, you will have the opportunity to delve deeper into the team that you align most closely with.
- Time management and complete control over designated calendars:
- Coordinating internal meetings between team leads, team members and the executive(s) using Zoom Video Conference software – being considerate of all time zones represented
- Working extremely well with the other EAs in ConsenSys to help grow the business by considering everyone’s priorities/time zones
- Scheduling, tracking, and arranging internal & external meetings, including agenda & document preparation
- Liaise with external clients and their respective Executive Assistants to find a mutually beneficial time for meetings, taking into account the time to prepare for the meeting and an array of global time zones
- Inbox Management (eventually):
- Work with the executives to determine the involvement of inbox management, where you would enter the email inbox of your executive 3-5 times a day, pull out meeting requests and flag high-priority emails for immediate responses. Each executive will have different needs, this requires the utmost discretion.
- Ability/willingness to help coordinate meetings as requested by anyone in the executive team:
- Manage conference needs; which includes, but not limited to:
- Securing tickets to events, if not provided
- Arranging the presenter needs (decks, prep calls, etc.)
- Booking hotels (within company travel policy)
- Booking flights (within company travel policy)
- Tracking and/or approving expenses:
- You will be responsible for your own expense reports as well as the executives’ submission.
- Team-by-team may request your facilitation of budget management
- Internal Communication:
- Participate in company wide information sharing, reporting on company-wide meetings about updates that your team needs to report and follow up regularly to keep the teams and stakeholders abreast of the important details.
- Special projects:
- From time to time you may be asked to support or lead special projects – this would require basic research ability (online) and be able to produce summary briefings and provide recommendations
- Professional, personable, efficient, time-sensitive responses (email and Slack)
- Excellent at anticipating needs
- Based in US East Coast, preferably an “early riser” – This role will be the “middle time zone” EA – working closely with our Europe and US west coast EAs
- Switched-on approach to tasks, including relationship-building in a virtual environment
- Strong ability to assess changing priorities, and adapt easily
- Ability to request additional information when the brief is incomplete
- Accountability to your executive and/or your team
- Resourceful (able to find answers when needed)
- Complete multiple complex projects against deadlines (project management tool/agile methodology)
- A self-starter, who sees the big picture
- Impressive organisational skills including details and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Focused, persistent, kind, curious, and thoughtful
- Integrity and Confidentiality of sensitive materials
- 3+ years of experience supporting busy executives
- Worked Remotely
- Exceptional and adaptable people skills, ability to handle varying personality types
- Amazing ability to prioritise
- Strong writing skills for client-facing emails, reports, and internal communications
- Scheduling meetings across multiple times zones
- Preferably G-Suite (Microsoft Outlook experience will suffice): email, calendar, docs, slides, and sheets
- Expensify or expense related software
- Concur or travel booking software
- Slack (internal messaging)
- Able to execute tasks efficiently
- Globally aware
- Success driven
- Constant learner
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud