RStudio, PBC creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions. We develop open source and enterprise-ready solutions for R and Python, that enable flexible, robust, and reproducible data analysis through coding, paired with tools that make it easy to effectively share insights.
As we grow, we are seeking smart, thoughtful, highly motivated people who are prepared to accelerate a successful business while remaining kind and responsive. We are looking to hire an Executive Assistant who will support the President of the company as well as manage the Boston office. Unlike most jobs we post, this person must be based in the Boston area to ensure office management success. Our Boston office is in the Seaport district, one block away from the Silver Line. Allocation will look at roughly 50% Executive Assistant work, and 50% Office Management.
What you’ll own:
- Manage the President’s schedule and calendar planning to ensure his time is being allocated in alignment with his most critical priorities.
- Arrange the many demands on the President’s attention, and communicate diplomatically with colleagues, partners, and others as needed to keep relationships, processes, and information flowing smoothly.
- Act as a ‘gate-keeper’ and first-level issue handler to both protect the President’s time and reduce bottlenecking on day-to-day work within the team.
- Be the first friendly interaction for anyone visiting the RStudio Boston office
- Act as the manager for Boston office operations including communicating with vendors and building manager, mail and package delivery, and inventory.
- Create a reference guide of procedures & best practices
What you’ll help with:
- You will partner closely with RStudio’s President to ensure that his time, focus, and energy is optimally aligned to his most important priorities and goals
- Setting priorities, time off, travel looking out more than a month at a time
- Scheduling board meetings, company meetings and other company communications with the Chief of Staff
- Assist the Chief of Staff and The Culture & Engagement Specialist in offsites and team get-togethers in the Boston office
- You have meaningful prior experience managing schedules or projects, working within a collaborative team, and navigating people and operations in support of a positive and productive environment.
- You are organized, thoughtful, and consider yourself a people person.
- You are happiest when helping others, making lists, and implementing procedures.
- You have immense calendar management skills
- You enjoy creating an orderly environment and feel proud to have ownership over it.
- You are able to complete repetitive tasks with care and attention to detail.
- You are excellent with time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- You find enjoyment in working alone and collaborating with others.
- You are a notary public or are willing to take a notary certification course.
- You are comfortable using google docs and google sheets while also being interested in learning other systems and aspects of RStudio quickly.
- You are kind and humble
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.