GitHub is changing the way people build software together. We’re growing fast and looking for an Executive Assistant with excellent communication skills and attention to detail to support our SVP of Product.
This person will be responsible for fielding all scheduling requests, both internally and externally. Additionally, this person will act as a resource to the entire product organization, and will be expected to support and manage a tightly scoped set of projects, such as processing vendor contracts through our procurement process, interfacing with external vendors, new hire onboarding and overall team coordination. This person should be detail-oriented, organized, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for an individual who has the ability to build great situational awareness as it is imperative to the success of the organization. This person should view challenges as mere puzzles to solve, and is naturally resourceful in their approach to solutions. Having the ability to make decisions with minimal guidance is crucial in this role.
You will also provide support to other key leaders within the organization as needed. This role reports directly to the Business Manager for Product.
Expanded responsibilities and scope for this role include the following:
- Provide administrative support, namely heavy calendaring across multiple time zones
- Partner with Business Manager to execute on logistics and overall coordination for offsite meetings, both virtual and in-person
- Field internal/external scheduling requests, provide recommendations to support efficiency and larger org-wide priorities
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technology and productivity tools such as GitHub
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ensure low latency in response times via email and slack, up-to-date processes, and ongoing maintenance of our business systems
- Coordinate with other executives and/or executive assistants for cross-functional scheduling
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Manage logistical and operational needs to enable productivity across the organization
- 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience supporting a technical (e.g. product, engineering) organization.
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels and departments.
- Skilled with creative and critical thinking.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs.
- Proficient in office software such as calendars, spreadsheets, presentation apps, etc.
- 5+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Confidence in navigating ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.