Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series B investment, we have over 18,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A resourceful, flexible, creative and efficient EA who will serve as a strategic partner to our Founder, while maintaining a high level of discretion and integrity. This person will be a trusted colleague and will work closely with leadership on key initiatives, business operations, and time management.
In This Role You Will…
- Provide administrative support to our Cofounder/COO, Nick Raushenbush, including executive administration work, company special projects, and some (remote) personal assistance work.
- Help Nick manage his time and focus through inbox and calendar management and personal project/initiative management (in Asana).
- Serve as a “force multiplier” for Nick, acting as a liaison/extension when he can’t attend meetings, but still wants to collect feedback and provide input.
- Work with Nick to spearhead special projects like company OKRs, market research, competitive analysis, and research into new softwares and business methodologies.
- Support Nick with light personal assistance work- this can range from light research on seed stage startups for his angel investments, to finding a great cleaning service for his home.
- Strong attention to detail and natural desire to make things organized.
- 1+ years of experience providing administrative support to 1 or more executives, including calendar and expense report management.
- 4+ years working in a business environment.
- Proven experience prioritizing multiple projects, assignments and maintain deadlines.
- Demonstrably high levels of integrity and discretion.
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Administrative or Executive Assistance background within remote environments or fast-paced, start-up atmospheres
- Experience in a Chief of Staff role
- Proficiency with Asana, trello, and/or other project management software
- Self-starter attitude – ability to work in ambiguous environment with minimal direction
- Experience working at a startup
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class