Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code to create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
To achieve our mission, we’re looking for an Executive Business Partner (EBP) to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will be a key member of our pioneering and fast-growing Sales and Marketing departments, and will be pivotal to our company’s success. We are seeking an organized, proactive, flexible, results-oriented, and motivated Executive Business Partner with strong judgement and critical thinking who is laser-focused on providing the best support possible to the Sales and Marketing teams, and passionate about providing a best-in-class administrative and project support. Specifically, your role will consist of three buckets, which combined will be critical to providing the best support possible:
- Administrative: you will apply your strong administrative skills and team collaboration mindset to ensure meetings are scheduled in a timely manner and have all the information attendees need to be set up for successful meetings. You will take notes and follow up on action items. You will also book travel for the two executives and process expense reports.
- Programs & Projects: you will help develop and run our initiatives around marketing and sales endeavors. You will proactively come up with creative and innovative ways to spread Sourcegraph’s brand to the world. You will partner with our vendors to ensure we are using our tools to the fullest to improve efficiency among the teams. You will help the teams with goal tracking and setting by keeping track of deadlines and following up on action items. You will also be responsible for vendor management.
- Event Planning & Management: you will be responsible for all events like offsites, leadership activities and QBRs by handling all logistics, preparing materials and working with team members to build content.
Sound up your alley? We want to hear from you!
Why this job is exciting
As a EBP at Sourcegraph, you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month, you will…
- Kick off 1:1s with your boss, peers, and other employees within the business.
- Own and manage the calendars of our VP of marketing and VP of sales.
- Take minutes/follow up on action items from meetings.
- Shadow the VPs at meetings that you may be able take over in the future.
- Gain strong familiarity with our tools.
- Own projects related to: OKRs, QBRs, team events.
- Organize and maintain documentation in Google Drive, and our public-facing Handbook.
- Dive into internal processes and suggest opportunities for improvement; teach us a thing or two we don’t know!
- Assist in the implementation of new tools, systems, and processes.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the administrative function at Sourcegraph, with a focus on automation and scalability.
Within three months, you will…
- Schedule meetings/events seamlessly.
- Help the executives with collaboration alignment and efficiency.
- Effectively manage the multiple projects on your plate simultaneously, from marketing outreach marketing to sales initiatives, you will be expected to juggle competing priorities with the support of your team.
- Have admin tools optimized and functioning seamlessly.
- Continue to identify inefficiencies and innovate/improve; you’ll never stop having the ability to influence and drive change and process improvement.
Within six months, you will…
- Provide flawless support to the executives and their teams, resulting in a continuous positive experience.
- Continue to partner with stakeholders to ensure competing priorities are met.
- Serve as a critical member of the marketing and sales team, with a deep understanding of the team’s needs and staying one step ahead of the growth.
- Provide feedback to leadership as to what’s working, what’s not, and ideas for what to change.
- Help support the team in achieving the team goals
Within one year, you will…
- Have a growth mindset and an eye for creating scalable processes, always.
- Play an instrumental role in scaling out our marketing and sales organization and be ready to step up into greater responsibilities.
- Identify areas of growth and share them continuously in your 1:1s.
You are an organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy, flexible, and motivated EBP who shares our values and is laser-focused on providing the best support possible to the marketing and sales teams. You have the ability to anticipate and prioritize needs, serve as project lead for all ad-hoc projects, and be proactive for your executives. You must be a scheduling ninja, a confident partner to your teams and work efficiently cross functionally. Your strengths are transparency, strong judgement and critical thinking. The ideal candidate must work effectively with a broad range of internal and external professionals (ranging from entry-level individuals to C-level executives), possess outstanding communication and people skills, and have the ability to juggle competing projects/priorities while being able to shift gears at a moment’s notice. We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and articulate team player who can think outside the box and is excited to evangelize the vision.
- 2+ years of administrative or operations experience.
- You are obsessed with organization and know how to navigate Google Suite.
- Previous experience supporting marketing or sales strongly preferred.
- Strong sense of urgency & bias towards action.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work under pressure; detail-orientation, strong organization & time-management skills are critical.
- Confident, energetic, and effective in executing on key initiatives in a face-paced environment.
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me.’
- High level of empathy – it’s important for the EBP to be a good person to peers and candidates.
- Expertise in travel booking, expense management and budget and headcount maintenance.
- Passionate about team planning and events.
- You apply.
- [30 mins] Video screen with the Chief of Staff where we will learn more about you and answer any questions you have.
- [45 mins] Meet with the VP of Marketing.
- [45 min] Meet with the VP of Sales.
- [60 mins] Participate in a working session with the CoS, VP of Marketing and VP of Sales.
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & offer you the job!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.