Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
Our Design team is looking for experienced Product Designers who will bring their unique voices and ideas to help shape the future of design at Outschool. You will be involved in every step of the design process from research, ideations, mapping user flows, creating mockups, and designing high-fidelity UI’s. You will be leading design on our B2B and B2School products, partnering with product and sales to strategically grow our newest business stream. This is equivalent to a senior or lead level role.
- Create designs end-to-end, from initial concept, to engineer-ready deliverables, to shipping and tracking results
- Create a joyful and inspiring user experience through long-term exploratory projects and short-term tactical projects
- Partner with Product Managers, User Researchers, Marketing, and Engineers to deliver user impact and business results
- Bring clarity to complex problems using a variety of design and research methods in collaboration with cross-functional counterparts.
- Add your unique perspective to our existing design systems, processes, and culture
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Portfolio submission required – the team is looking to see multiple product design case studies that showcase real-world impact from your professional career
- Experience improving a product over multiple releases, and tracked the impact the design changes had on the business and its users
- Is a T-shaped Designer with experience in visual/UI/UX/prototyping/research and excels in one particular specialty
- Can manage competing priorities and balance attention-to-detail with a pragmatic eye toward timely execution
- Can clearly communicate decisions and uses feedback to drive understanding and inspire action
- Strives to make data-informed decisions but is also capable of making well thought out decisions with imperfect information and limited resources
- Has extensive experience designing responsive web products
- Domain experience with marketplace products and/or K-12 education
- Domain experience designing for B2B or compliance-heavy products
- Experience working on high growth design teams
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.
- Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.