At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Experienced Strategy Analyst, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team in Paris and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
In a nutshell
The role of a Experienced Strategy Analyst at Picnic is versatile and changes based on your team and the projects you are involved in. We have more than 150 Analysts in all teams across 3 countries and you can grow by collaborating on complex projects, moving into different teams, or even to different countries.
The team you’ll join will be determined during the hiring process and will take into account your interests and goals as well as where we think you would be best suited. The areas in which you could be a Experienced Strategy Analyst at Picnic include Commercial, Distribution Operations, Fulfillment Operations, Growth & Acquisition, Product, and Tech. You’ll communicate with multiple stakeholders in the Netherlands, Germany, and France.
What you’ll do
You’ll work on a wide range of exciting projects, which, depending on your team, might include:
- Perform analyses on our store assortment and products ranking
- Perform fleet analyses and capacity modeling
- Develop algorithms and operating procedures to spot damaged products before they leave the warehouse
- Demand forecasting: Develop forecasting models to predict future customer demand
- Develop cost-benefit analyses to design a scalable cloud infrastructure that fits our automation projects
- Onboarding program: Develop gifting and communication strategies to maximize engagement and retention of new customers
- Determine the impact of improving our planning and routing algorithms in our supply-chain systems
- . . . and many more projects!
Take a look at two of our projects in Strategy & Analytics: Picnic plays it cool: a data-driven cold chain for groceries and Finding Product Alternatives at Picnic!
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering (e.g. Industrial, Production, Space, Mechanical, or related), Statistics, Data Science, Analytics, or Physics
- 2-5 years of experience in fields such as (but not restricted to) technology, supply chain, or consulting, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- You can tackle complex challenges with a data-driven, people-oriented, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team
- You have worked with SQL and Python or are excited to learn
- Your mentoring and coaching skills help to bring your team to the next level
- Your sharp business sense and conceptual thinking abilities mean you can look beyond the obvious to come up with fresh and innovative ideas
- You are fluent in both verbal and written English
- EU citizenship or valid visa to work in the EU