As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform. Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
New York Magazine is looking for three full-time Editorial Interns to join us for the Fall 2021 semester. Interns have the opportunity to work on one of three teams: The Cut, Vulture, or The Strategist, and applicants will have the ability to rank their team preference via the Google Form application detailed below.
To apply for The Cut’s internship, candidates must complete both this application and our internship application Google Form. We will be accepting applications from July 1st to July 31st; the internship runs from September 13th to December 17th. Applicants should apply via the google form for their top choice, but second and third rankings will also be considered, so please be sure to note which teams you’d be interested in working with if we aren’t able to place you with your first choice.
The ideal candidates will have editorial experience, a passion for and interest in The Cut and New York Magazine coverage, and an eagerness to take on a range of tasks related to our daily publishing. Interns will be paid an hourly wage; we do not offer internships for academic credit, and we cannot provide housing for interns, or sponsor visas. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Manage web production tasks such as building posts, editing photos, and social media coordination
- Implement SEO best practices such as keyword searches, connecting articles through inline links, and updating older evergreen posts
- Assist with the execution of special projects
- Assist in research and reporting for large features
- Assist the fashion and beauty teams with market/e-commerce
- Support the Style Director during New York Fashion Week (and, to a lesser degree, London, Milan, and Paris) by coordinating scheduling and admin
- Occasionally assist the photo team on shoots
- Organize and maintain the beauty closet
- Write short news pieces for thecut.com on art, events, wellness, fashion, and more
- The ability to work full-time hours five days a week throughout the course of the internship (interns will be able to request time off and will observe any company holidays alongside other staffers)
- Preferred: Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a bachelor’s program; commensurate experience welcome
- Familiarity with New York Magazine and specifically the coverage of The Cut
- Creative, resourceful team player, and the ability to work collaboratively
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive newsroom, and we strongly encourage students from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
About working at Vox Media:
You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.