About Wurl, Inc.
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Our employees love working with us because we have a great and positive work culture, incredible health and wellness benefits, competitive annual PTO, parental leave, opportunities for career growth, and we are entirely remote!
Feature Release Project Manager
As Wurl continues to expand and improve upon our core and new products, successful coordination of feature releases to our clients has become increasingly critical to the organization. As we scale our product development processes, we are looking for a Project Manager to coordinate the end-to-end feature release and enablement process.
The Feature Release Project Manager will be responsible for end-to-end project management of all new feature releases and feature enablement. Reporting into our Operations group, this role will collaborate closely with all other Wurl departments, ensuring all internal and external stakeholders are informed and appropriately involved in the release of new features.
This is a varied, critical and high-visibility role that will play a critical part in our continued scalability. Multiple teams across Wurl’s Operations, Product, Bus Dev and Marketing departments will rely on the Manager as a key resource for critical information on new Feature releases. The Manager will have the opportunity to wear many hats in this role, and will be given autonomy and ownership over defining processes, operational procedures, and assigning accountability to internal staff members.
- Define and scale Wurl’s release management processes, with a focus on continual improvement of release readiness, rollout, communication & product adoption.
- Closely coordinate with Business Development, Operations, Marketing and Product teams to ensure product releases are well-orchestrated, accurately documented, and effectively communicated to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop expertise on all Wurl products and new features, collaborating closely with Product and Engineering teams to understand and document feature capabilities, limitations, and future development plans.
- Define relevant post-release QA and data monitoring processes to ensure the success of new feature releases and quickly identify potential negative impacts.
- Ensure feature enablement and ongoing operational processes are defined and incorporated into internal team workflows, to ensure clients are provided with efficient support to integrate and utilize new features.
- Ensure training materials are provided to internal teams to manage and support new features upon release.
- Closely collaborate with Product Marketing to help translate product features into client-facing and market messaging.
- Maintain detailed project trackers to track and communicate project status and task management across the company.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, with extensive experience in SaaS product development processes.
- Proven history of driving product release projects to completion and forging strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Expert project management skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with technical leads, operations and support teams, sales management, and clients.
- Ability to execute several high-touch technical projects simultaneously, with superior attention to detail, documentation and communication.
- Top-notch problem solving skills, with a knack for finding solutions through extensive collaboration across departments.
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines with internal teams
- Understanding of streaming video technology and the FAST ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements