In this position you will:
- Create and execute federal win strategies that build relationships and opportunities.
- Conduct outreach and networking that generates leads in existing and new markets.
- Refine and manage our federal capture process (identify, qualify, and send fully qualified opportunities through the proposal process) across different contract award vehicles.
- Conduct capture management by vetting opportunities that you have found, as well as those that are posted. Take the lead on qualified opportunities and maintain deal momentum with the goal of getting to award.
- Lead capture effort(s) for winning new contract vehicles for Truss (IDIQs, BPAs, etc.)
- Manage and cultivate relationships with federal agencies and industry partners that advance Truss’s business goals.
- Collaborate across Truss during the proposal process.
- Research and share competitive intelligence and market analysis.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- 7+ years cumulative federal business development and capture experience with proven wins.
- Strong understanding of federal government contracting vehicles and structures.
- Tech background with an understanding of modern, agile software development.
- You care about winning the right projects, not every project.
- Great communication, including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- A willingness to seek differing opinions, ask for help, and take on challenges outside your expertise.
- Initiative with a bias for action.
- Effective time and project management skills with the ability to prioritize work assignments, work collaboratively with others, and adjust schedules based on changing requirements.
- A joyous approach towards networking.