At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Vercel is hiring a Field Marketing Manager, West to play a foundational role in driving awareness and consideration for our product among enterprise companies through pipeline-generating events, including: trade shows, regional, sponsored, field events, and owned events.
In this role, your mission will be to generate net-new business and accelerate existing deals via field marketing tactics and pipeline maturing programs. Day to day activities center around high-quality event execution, identifying event trends for Vercel’s Enterprise audience, working closely with the sales team, and reporting and running campaign analysis. This role will primarily partner with Sales, Demand Gen, Partnerships, PMM, RevOps, and our Executive Team.
The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention-to-detail and project management skills, a deep understanding of the demand funnel, campaign analysis, and reporting. This candidate feels comfortable engaging with and directing our executive team and external customers. Understanding the developer audience and their jobs to be done is a major plus.
What You Will Do:
- Translate integrated campaigns and GTM programs into events and experiences for Vercel’s enterprise audience
- Create and implement end-to-end campaign flow; including audience segmentation, customer journeys, promotional and follow-up strategies
- Partner with engineering, product, PMM, and external speakers to develop and execute event content and speaking sessions
- Project manage and execute end-to-end event production: Manage contracts, communication, planning, logistics, and execution of events
- Maintain a calendar of events and identify new event opportunities for the organization
- Maintain a detailed and meticulous budget. Ability to forecast projected ROI based on historical conversion rates
- Act as the primary logistical support person for marketing events and trade shows. This includes agency comms, coordinating shipping of materials, booth properties, graphics, literature, promotional items, rental equipment, and tracking
- Educate and enable sales on enterprise, vertical, and industry messaging, event responsibilities, and follow-up strategy
- Works closely with sales development teams, enabling promo and follow up strategies are in place, moving, and successful. Partner on accelerating pipeline maturing programs
- Deeply understands the demand funnel and how field marketing tactics fit into different stages of the buyer journey
- Experience using Salesforce for campaign analysis. Independently pull metrics and reports, tell a story with data and make data-informed decisions on future investments
- Travel required (covid-permitting) 35% of the time
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $121,100 – $160,000. This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company’s compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.