Who we are:
We’re a team of passionate, diverse individuals on a mission to solve the widespread traffic and environmental challenges impacted by the rise of delivery and ride-hailing activity.
Our first-of-its-kind computer vision technology powers fully automated parking areas, some of which are used to support the nation’s very first zero-emissions delivery zones. From improving street safety to reducing carbon emissions in urban neighborhoods, our solutions are designed to make communities more livable for everyone.
We’re a GovTech Top 100 company, a Fast Company’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Innovators in Sustainability, and among the first organizations to receive a U.S. Department of Energy grant for the deployment of curb management solutions to incentivize vehicle electrification. We’re seeking peers from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures to help us continue this impact, and we encourage you to bring your unique and valuable perspective to our team.
Our team is small but growing fast. We’re looking for a Field Operations Associate who is very organized and loves problem solving in the field who will be responsible for surveying, preparing and maintaining Automotus’ various product deployments.
In this role, you will report to our Head of Field Operations and have the opportunity to work with our Client Success team and external contractors and city clients to qualify optimal implementation areas, process permits necessary for installation, develop key contractor relationships to maintain service, and provide detailed information to maintain the current status of inventory. Given the small size of the team and the fluid nature of startups, you’ll play a key role in the scaling of Automotus curb management solutions across the United States.
–This position is a remote role with extensive travel, up to 50%.
–Salary range for this role is $50,000-$60,000 with additional options for benefits and equity.
–Candidate must be located in the US.
In this role you will:
- Qualify loading zones for monitoring by applying the Automotus Optical Sensor model to proposed zone locations
- Identify and process permits required to install hardware and complete all prerequisites related to installation of Automotus hardware
- Manage hardware inventory, meticulously document every installation and provide regular status updates
- Develop localized maintenance schedule for hardware deployments and train local resources/contractors to maintain hardware.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- 2 years experience working on hardware installations, IoT preferred
- Familiarity with Google Earth and other geolocation tools
- An obsession for documentation and process
- Ability to clearly communicate key objectives and status and recognize upcoming barriers
Some additional skills and experience that would really help you stand out:
- Familiarity with BatchGeo, QGIS, and/or ArcGIS preferred.
- Experience working with city departments on permit applications and design review process
What we offer – We value work-life harmony and believe that our people deserve the best.
- Equitable, competitive salaries
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision*
- Unlimited, self-directed vacation with a mandatory 10-day minimum
- Paid parental leave, as well as additional family benefits to support our teammates and their families
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We value learning from mistakes, an openness to all ideas, and an honest and empathetic approach to our teammates and clients.
At Automotus, we believe that great products can only be built by a great team. We value learning from mistakes, an openness to all ideas, and an honest and empathetic approach to our teammates and clients. We do this best with a diverse and trusting team and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.