Perform service support activities, troubleshoot and repair single and three-phase uninterruptible power supplies and peripherals to internal and external customers for the Critical Power Solutions Division (CPSD). Schedule technical sales or service support for customers including emergency service calls.
- Perform on-site customer service of CPSD products including start-up service, preventative and remedial maintenance
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers, including third party service organizations and end users.
- Inspect, test, and document failed products, components, and systems, prior to their return to the factory to determine defects and/or operational status.
- Schedule and provide emergency technical support and field service on an on-call basis.
- Work with other CPSD departments to determine product solutions for improved performance and protection.
- Attend daily project meetings as required.
- Identify, evaluate, and repair routine product failures. Identify and escalate non routine product failures to Supervisor.
- Recommend service product offerings to customers based on customer preferences and for the long-term maintenance of the capital investment (e.g., recommend battery upgrades).
- Troubleshoot malfunctions to a board level in an UPS system with minimal guidance.
- Maintain service records and documentation of services provided. Develop and deliver detailed documentation on the analysis of issues associated with the repair or inspection of UPS and/or energy storage equipment.
- Guide less experienced technicians on troubleshooting system failures.
- Submit accurate expense reports into the Company for reimbursement in a timely manner in accordance with Company policies.
- Further the goals and a positive image of CPSD by conducting business with other MEPPI departments, customers, and suppliers in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Associates in Electrical Electronics or related technical field with 4 years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of a technical, electrical and/or electronic product, or equivalent education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of UPS products, services, and peripherals including knowledge of common electrical equipment used in data centers.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of mechanical and electronic test equipment including operation, data collection and data reporting.
- <span “:=”” “=””>Basic knowledge of communication and networking protocols.
- <span “:=”” “=””>OSHA-10 construction and NFPA-70E certification.
- <span “:=”” “=””>Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with customers, employees and suppliers.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand detailed equipment schematics and facility one-line drawings.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and MRP/ERP business systems.