Perform service support activities, troubleshoot and repair single and three phase uninterruptible power supplies and peripherals to internal and external customers for the Critical Power Solutions Division (CPSD). Schedule technical sales or service support for customers including emergency service calls.
- Perform on-site customer service of CPSD products including start-up service, preventative and remedial maintenance
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers, including third party service organizations and end users.
- Inspect, test, and document failed products, components, and systems, prior to their return to the factory to determine defects and/or operational status.
- Schedule and provide emergency technical support and field service on an on-call basis.
- Work with other CPSD departments to determine product solutions for improved performance and protection.
- Attend daily project meetings as required.
- Identify, evaluate, and repair routine product failures. Identify and escalate non routine product failures to Supervisor.
- Recommend service product offerings to customers based on customer preferences and for the long-term maintenance of the capital investment (e.g., recommend battery upgrades).
- Troubleshoot malfunctions to a board level in an UPS system with minimal guidance.
- Maintain service records and documentation of services provided. Develop and deliver detailed documentation on the analysis of issues associated with the repair or inspection of UPS and/or energy storage equipment.
- Guide less experienced technicians on troubleshooting system failures.
- Submit accurate expense reports into the Company for reimbursement in a timely manner in accordance with Company policies.
- Further the goals and a positive image of CPSD by conducting business with other MEPPI departments, customers, and suppliers in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Associates in Electrical Electronics or related technical field with 4 years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of a technical, electrical and/or electronic product, or equivalent education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of UPS products, services, and peripherals including knowledge of common electrical equipment used in data centers.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of mechanical and electronic test equipment including operation, data collection and data reporting.
- Basic knowledge of communication and networking protocols.
- OSHA-10 construction and NFPA-70E certification.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with customers, employees and suppliers.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand detailed equipment schematics and facility one-line drawings.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and MRP/ERP business systems.