MEPPI’s Substation Division is looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to provide installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, repair and training for Substation Division (SSD) supplied equipment.
- Prepare and/or follow plans for work to be performed at customer sites. Coordinate planned work with customers and contractors.
- Assist with assembly of equipment including scheduling, assembly techniques and quality control. Perform and/or provide technical direction of installation, testing, trouble-shooting and repair work at customer sites.
- Conduct onsite investigation of equipment performance to determine cause or contributing factors.
- Communicate findings to and coordinate problem resolution with MEPPI’s Project, Engineering and Sales groups.
- Communicate findings and proposed resolutions to customers regarding equipment.
- Prepare documentation and reports regarding customer equipment problems and site visits.
- Conduct customer and contractor training for installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventory and organize storage, moving, unpacking and staging of equipment. Perform field checks of equipment, site dimensions and tolerances.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technology field with 3 to 5 years’ experience with assembly/manufacturing/maintenance in utilities, or equivalent education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and repair of substation or similar products.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, blueprints, electrical schematics and bills of materials.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills required to communicate with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Advanced computer skills, emphasizing knowledge of MS Office products, MRP/ERP systems and company timekeeping and expense reporting systems.