R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society approaches health in the built environment, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to create safer, healthier buildings for all. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to deliver healthier indoor spaces for all.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes health in the built environment.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a better future via better buildings. #LI-Remote
This is a high-exposure, high-trust role reporting to the VP of FP&A and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer. In this new position, you will be responsible for developing and rolling out standardized SaaS KPI reporting throughout the organization, take an ownership role in budgeting, forecasting, and reporting, and work on highly visible and impactful special projects. The FP&A team is a small, tight knit group, and you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and dive in with this dedicated, high performing group. We check our egos at the door and win as a team.
You will develop important relationships with R-Zero’s business leaders, develop expertise in or product offerings and corporate strategy, and aid in the design and build out of best-in-class financial processes and solutions. You’re ready for this role if you have a demonstrated history of designing deliverables from scratch, implementing new processes and solutions, and working to constantly improve efficiency and accuracy to better the Finance department and its customers.
What you’ll do:
- Own the development and rollout of standardized SaaS KPI reporting, including competitive benchmarking and an Executive Dashboard
- Leverage existing financial modeling skills to streamline and enhance R-Zero’s Operational Financial Model and various support models
- Innovate our planning processes and tools, reporting standards, and KPI’s
- Become a subject matter expert in our budgeting and reporting software
- Partner with FP&A team members to plan Revenue across all products and channels
- Own long-term COGS forecasting, working closely with R&D leadership
- Own and manage the operating expense planning process for R&D departments, including the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts
- Manage and develop financial and operational modeling relevant to supported departments
- Support the monthly Accounting close process through analysis and accrual preparation
- Produce high level materials for Board of Directors, investor presentations, and other external reporting packages
- Demonstrate strong business acumen while supporting ad-hoc projects based on the needs of the business
What We’re Looking For:
- BS or equivalent, MBA is a plus
- 4 – 7+ years of work experience in a an analytical role within a fast-paced environment with high standards for excellence
- Advanced experience with SaaS KPIs: you understand the SaaS industry and have worked at a SaaS model startup
- Low ego: no task is too small. Your top priority is ensuring the FP&A team’s priorities and objectives are successful. You care less about who did it than how it got done. You take deep pride in shared outcomes.
- Execution and urgency: high energy and a bias towards action are a must. You don’t wait to be told what to do – by then you’ve already done it. Where other people see barriers, you find a way.
- Extremely organized and attention to detail: you anticipate issues and keep multiple plates spinning
- High polish communication and executive presence: you can read the room, adapt to an executive level audience, and bring the self-awareness and business acumen to meet unexpected challenges as learning opportunities for you and the team around you.
- Experience with FP&A / CPM software solutions like Vena or Adaptive Insights, strongly preferred.
- Expert level Excel skills.
- Intermediate understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position may require up to 15% domestic travel.
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important
- Unlimited time off
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.